27 March 2011

Hideaway Escapade to Bantayan Island

In my search for a perfect hideaway, my feet brought me to the gleaming waters, white powdery sands and tranquil atmosphere of Bantayan Island.  This quaint treasure nestles at the western part of Cebu wherein you can reached the place via bus and then ride a ferry or ride a small private plane.  Oh by the way, there is a new means of transportation in going to Bantayan.  There is a service from MidSea Air Express in which it is composed of an 8-seater plane.  Rates start at around Php1,500.00.  Quite expensive though compared to the normal way of reaching the place.

I stayed at Sta. Fe Beach Resort which is just few meters away from the port and market.  It was a great experience for me as there were no local or foreign tourists who stayed in the place as I really needed time to unwind.

Sta. Fe Beach Resort offers great amenities and services.  Its rooms are well designed and provides you the utmost comfort of a haven.  The staffs are very friendly and so does the locals.  They help me to discover the gem of Bantayan from its beautiful islands to amazing historical landmarks.  

Everything in Bantayan spells charm and serenity.  An ideal hideaway to enjoy life that is away from the pressures of modern living.  What I really love about staying in Sta. Fe Beach Resort is that you can hop to its sister beach resort which is Ogtong Beach Resort.  In there you can enjoy swimming in the cave with brackish water or use its swimming pool with no charges at all.


I took advantage of exploring the place because it is not everyday that I will be in a near to paradise place.  If you cannot leave the life of being connected to the internet world, the resort has its own net connection where you can use.  In addition, to have the ultimate escape in Bantayan, Sta. Fe Beach Resort offers some leisure activities such as kayaking, island hopping and snorkeling.  All are in affordable rates.  

Surely, Bantayan Island is among the many beautiful places in the Pearl of the Orient Seas that I would love to visit frequently.  Amazing people, great food and extraordinary haven!

No comments: